Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

For My Daughters by Barbara Delinsky

Book Synopsis: Wealthy, widowed socialite Ginny St. Clair has always been cool and distant to her three daughters. The summer of her 70th birthday, she abruptly invites all of her offspring to help her settle into a flower-strewn mansion on the rocky Maine coast. Each daughter arrives at the estate, aghast to find the others: Annette, the suffocatingly good mother of five; hard-edged Caroline, a hotshot Chicago lawyer; and Leah, the twice-divorced youngest sibling. Their mother, by design, is not there.
Though the three grimly assume battle positions, enforced proximity fosters grudging respect and the opening of minds. For Leah, there is also a scalding affair with groundskeeper Jesse Cray, the wild echo of a romance that had flared half a century earlier between a gardener and the mistress of the house.


My Review

I liked this book. The main characters are 3 sisters who do not get along. I think this story is really about them learning to accept each other and themselves as adults and not as three little girls under the roof of their parents. During this process, they find out the circumstances that made their mother the way she is.
There is a love affair that is detailed in the book, but I can't remember any language really. If there was, I glanced right over it and didn't catch it.

It was a nice read and I enjoyed it... How about you?

On a separate note: Sorry for the delay and long time without posting. Everything that I have not been doing because I was reading caught up with me and then company came. Sorry and hope not to wait too long before posting next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment